Was that he was guilty obvious?

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Wed Jan 12 19:28:18 UTC 2011

Grammatical in my formal register (Received Standard Scots), but with a
strong pause before "obvious".

Probably not occurring often in an informal colloquial context, and if
written, I'd couch it thus:  "Was that he was guilty, obvious?"

Unlike Jon, I'd see it less as clumsy than as heavily rhetorical, the most
likely context for such a construction being a court of law.

Robin