do, v.i.

Mon Jan 17 21:30:06 UTC 2011

>From the most well-known sage of the previous century:

Luke: All right, I'll give it a try.
Yoda: No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3hn6fFTxeo

The contrast with "try" indicates that this "do" refers to effective
action. Or as Jon requests "the sense is something like 'to carry out
one's intentions with effect; take effective action'"

This is natural contemporary, speech on the swamp planet Dagobah.