Scientific Conversions

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 5 20:26:03 UTC 2011

A few others collected along the way:

100 rations = 1 C-ration
1,000 rations = 1 K-ration
1 Death of a Thousand Cuts = 1 kilohurtz
audibility threshold of a mouse = 2 light ears
a half-bath in a real-estate listing = 1 demijohn
the speed of a turtle breaking the sound barrier = 1 Mach turtle
the first step of a 1-mile journey (because "a journey of a thousand miles
begins with a single step) = 1 Milwaukee
10^21 piccolos = 1 gigolo
10 millipedes = 1 centipede
3 dents = 1 trident
3 1/3 tridents = 1 decadent
10 monologs = 5 dialogs = 1 decalog
2 wharves = 1 paradox
2 doctors = 1 paradox
4 nickels = 2 paradigms
Ratio of a jack-o-lantern's circumference to it's diameter = Pumpkin Pi
2 monograms = 1 diagram
8 nickels = 2 paradigms
$10,000 = 1 Millicent
10^12 antellas = 1 tarantella
10^9 antics = 1 gigantic
100 tics = 1 hectic
10 aides = 1 decade
1000 female sheep = 1 milieu
1.5 dollops = 1 trollop
1 billionth of a billionth of a boy = 1 attaboy
2 Snake Eyes = 1 paradise
500 millionaries = 1 seminary
10^12 bulls = 1 terabull
10^-12 boos = 1 picoboo
the total amount of bee venom in a swarm = 1 kilobite
a basic unit of concentration in Haight-Ashbury = 1 pico-farout
10^-9 Good Samaritan = 1 nanomybusiness
a basic unit of annoyance = 1 Q
being annoyed enough to respond = 4 Q

[A common final touch: 100 Senators: Not 1 decision]

VS-)