Jazz, was:RE: [ADS-L] Q: "Earliest written reference to baseball"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 14:57:23 UTC 2011

This is irrelevant but hilarious.

Some decades ago the New Yorker ran a cartoon set at an eighteenth-century
hanging.

The doomed man was stepping onto the platform with his hands tied behind
him. Instead of  head he had a big round smiley face.

Tricorne-wearing guy in crowd to second T-WGIC with look of
eyebrow-slanted, intense approval:

"Aye, laddie! There's spunk!"

JL