Sentence-initial "As well"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 22 12:44:16 UTC 2011

Not unfamiliar to me, though the reported density is unusual.  I associate
the usage with TV talkers, though I wouldn't call it endemic - yet.

I can even remember a time before "out of" was the preferred term for "in"
or "from" (a geographical place).  (German "aus" doesn't count: that's
German.)

Long ago I mentioned the upper-division student (ca2002) who began many
sentences with "As such," meaning "Therefore" or even "So."

All part of life's rich pageant.

JL