real-time

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue May 3 00:55:20 UTC 2011

I don't remember who was speaking when I heard "watching the mission
in real time", and it was in the afternoon.  So you could very well
have heard what you reported.  That leaves me with only the
speculation that CNN erred in the morning (either the script said
"launch" or Starr misread it) and had corrected itself by the afternoon.

Jon, I'm not clear on something else.  Did you mean to say "watching
in real time" is silly for this ... er, situation?  It seems quite
sensible to me -- they were watching the events as they occurred, not
later via a recording.

Joel