Query: "military brat" prior to 1981? (UNCLASSIFIED)

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 5 19:56:53 UTC 2011

"Diplomatic brat":

http://goo.gl/9jTjJ
Immortal Man In 20 Years? By Kay Bartlett (AP). The News and Courier. Mar
19, 1978. p. 11-E/2
[F. M. Esfandiary]
> The Iranian-born philosopher, whose mother chose to possess him about
40-45 years ago--his description of motherhood--had lived in 10 to 15
countries by the time he was 15. A global diplomatic brat, as it were, Daddy
being in the corps.

The same piece appeared in a number of other papers in GNA from March to
July 1978.

"Foreign service brat":

http://goo.gl/mbqfX
Maps That Aren't for Getting Somewhere. By Jane Margolies. New York Times.
Mar 29, 1990. p.

> Mrs. Globus, whose name means globe in German and who collects globes, said
> her own passion for maps came from moving around as ''a Foreign Service
> brat'' and reading National Geographic.

"State Department brat":

The Atlanta Journal and The Atlanta Constitution : `The Red Fox' is...
> Pay-Per-View - Atlanta Journal-Constitution - NewsBank - Sep 1, 1985
> ... comfortably in Canada with his adopted daughter May May was once in
> love with Robert Thorne a freelance journalist and State Department brat who
> happens ...

*CHICAGO'S
Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - ProQuest Archiver - Jun 15, 1986
When Tom Logan was a 13-year-old State Department brat up in Caio, where his
father was with the Agency for International Development, he visited the
Cairo ...*

http://goo.gl/zOZPU
TERRORIST IN THE FAMILY. By Robert Stone. New York Times. March 15, 1987. p.
?

> Now in his mid-20's, Bill Jr. lives in West Germany, the scene of his
> father's next assignment. He's as at home in Germany as anywhere else, a
> bilingual State Department brat.

VS-)