"Living Large"

Margaret Lee mlee303 at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 13 10:43:58 UTC 2011

"Livin' large" began to enjoy wide  popularity in the early '90's,  thanks to
hip hop culture.

--Margaret Lee________________________________________

________________________________
From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Sent: Thu, May 12, 2011 8:38:27 PM
Subject: Re: "Living Large"

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Garson O'Toole
<adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1834    W. G. Simms Guy Rivers I. viii. 102   He did have a power of
> money‥, but they did say he was going behind hand, for he didn't know
> how to keep what he had. He was always buying, and living large�but
> that can't last for ever.

I'm persuaded. Certainly, the phrase is *much* older than 1991. But is
the question solely WRT to the documented, oldest-known occurrence of
the phrase or WRT its more-recent revival as something that's "fresh"?
I, perhaps in error, assumed the latter.

--
-Wilson
-----