Fun with phrases

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 10 01:07:59 UTC 2011

"Good news, right? Wrong!"

A rhetorical double shuffle I just heard (once again) in a CNN
commentary. GB has an ex. from 1984/85 (not verified, but looks
right). They begin to mount in the mid '90s, esp. in the chummily
written genres of self-help, pop psychology, and business.

There is also the less frequent "Great news, right? Wrong!" from the '90s.

JL