inaccurate Billy Sunday quote

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 20 02:55:10 UTC 2011

Since he uttered the words in 1917, contemporaneous records take
precedence over later versions.

If a genuine 1917 appearance of the seemingly erroneous wording turns
up, well and good.

Till then, we have to go with what we have.

JL