first hand experience (v)

Gordon, Matthew J. GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Tue Oct 11 20:42:12 UTC 2011

Sort of following up on the recent discussion of "course correct" and "free associate," I came across:

""Mr. Schwartz feels badly for the lost bear and, having first hand experienced the trauma of loss, desires to emote his empathy for bears the world over, and Hope in particular."

http://tinyurl.com/3mrelez
(I'm not sure how authentic this is; maybe the whole thing's a joke.)

Not technically a back-formation, I guess, but an interesting compound (if I'm reading it right). Of course, you've got "emote" there if you're jonesing for a back formation. Also, "feels badly," but I think we're above dwelling on that.

-Matt Gordon