latticework

Ron butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 14 04:25:41 UTC 2011

And what were those angry drunks doing with a vast quantity of lattice?

In a related situation, I was recently told by a college freshman that he was taking Advanced Expository Writing. He pronounced the second vowel un the second word to rhyme with "hose." He was not joking.

I don't thunk the race of this guy--or the janitor, for that matter--has any relevance to the pronunciations.

Sent from my iPad