"Africo-American", not in OED; from 1817

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 17 20:58:47 UTC 2011

The use by some of "Africo-American" might conceivably suggest the use
of "African American" to others.

OTOH, the population using "Africo-" might have been small enough and
sophisticated enough to eschew "African-" as insufficiently erudite.

But if it took hold in speech, via mishearing, we might not have
evidence trill many years later.

Not that the existence of "Africo-" is a necessary or a sufficient
condition for "African-."

JL