fun with phrases

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 19 18:04:43 UTC 2011

GB affords a "You break it, you buy it" allegedly from 1965. Looks
persuasive, but the date may be wrong.

It refers to a sign, as do real exx. from the early '70s.

Certainly I was familiar with it by 1970.

The past-tense version sounds strange to me, however.

JL