Google Books advanced search

Michael McKernan mckernan51 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 30 04:33:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>wrote:

> ...because, well, the cheese just gets restless.  And the crackers, and
> the chocolate bars, and the cereals.

Wait a minute!  A central tenet of my upbringing (and perhaps the only
proof that I had one) is that:

"The cheese stands alone!"

Thousands of observations appear to confirm this dictum, so don't go
lumping the cheese together with "the crackers, and the chocolate bars, and
the cereals," no matter how these, or any other commodities, may wander.
If you persist in such unwarranted conglomeration, I may be left with no
upbringing at all, upon which to hang my hat.

Any perceived mobility of the cheese is much more likely to be due to the
regular maintenance required to preserve its splendid isolation, than
anything like "restless"-ness.  Other products very possibly may not rest
in peace, but I repeat that only:

"The cheese stands alone!"

Michael McKernan
Benson, Arizona