early "gay" cite (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Sep 23 00:19:55 UTC 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 1:32 PM, Stephen Goranson wrote:

> [...]
Excellent point.  I checked "Young and the…", which didn't allow the correct title to surface.  In fact it's not just at Beinecke but in circulation--and not even in Long Term Shelving:

Author: Ford, Charles Henri. Title: The young & evil / Charles Ford & Parker Tyler ; with an illustrated introduction by Steven Watson. Published:   London : Gay Men’s Press, 1989, c1933. Description: 215 p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
Location: SML, Stacks, LC Classification Call Number: PS3511 O72 Y6 1989 Status: Not Checked Out

=========
So Fred or I could check it out (in both senses), but I won't be back on campus until Monday.  I assume "Gay Men's Press" was not the original copyright holder from 1933, or we'd have a *real* scoop!  I'll track it down Monday unless i hear otherwise from Fred or other New Haven lurkers.

LH