not as classy as the de minimis thread, perhaps, but...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Sep 29 01:06:46 UTC 2011

If anyone was wondering whether "(not) X's first rodeo" had faded away, I have an instance caught in the not-quite-wild from the new season of "Two and a Half Men" (not recommended, but my excuse is that I was stuck in a hospital room with nothing to read and the Monday Night Football game was a bit boring).  As you may know, Charlie Sheen was booted off the show for his sins, replaced by Ashton Kutcher portraying a temporarily suicidal billionaire, but the second banana Jon Cryer (playing Charlie's brother Alan) is still on, along with his son and the inevitable feisty housekeeper/cleaning woman Berta played by Conchata Ferrell.  So after the usual unfortunate humiliation undergone by Alan, this time at the hands of Kutcher instead of Sheen, he apologizes to Berta for the aftermath and she reassures him,

"This is not my first pee-stain rodeo with you."

Don't say I didn't warn you.

LH