rents - parents

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 13:15:41 UTC 2011

I first heard "the polloi" from my eighth-grade English teacher. I didn't
get suckered into using it, however.

/za/ is the only way I've heard the other. Naturally I've never heard a
pronunciation like /piz@/ . Perhaps the word comes originally from the "za"
of a guy named "Pete."

JL