OT: German West African colony?

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Apr 30 14:04:30 UTC 2012

I'm replying just to this posting, but you can take it as a reply to the
entire thread.

You all never cease to impress me. I love hanging out here because
you're all "wicked smaht." Thanks for letting me hang with you guys.

There was a recent story on Deutsche Welle about Germay's refusal to
allow reparation claims for the Herero massacres during the colonial
period. And I believe the article indicated that the Herero weren't the
only ones massacred. (And this again relates to what the scholar was
saying about how Germans tend to view race and racial crimes.)

I'll drop the thread at this point because it is waaaay OT.

---Amy West