Breaking doubled consonants into syllables

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 28 00:55:12 UTC 2012

But when we say the word unnatural, it's with one "n" not two.  There's no vocal gap between them.   The same with non-native.  We combine the n's to one ~n sound.  So its ~unnacherool and ~naannaetiv (two consonants start a stressed syllable).  We could say these words splitting the n's with a pause, but that would be speaking ~unnacheroolee.
The ~n sound is the most frequent sound of US English (when all schwas are spelled out in their underlying sounds)

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/course2