Ragged but Right (pt. 1)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 3 15:06:26 UTC 2012

A significant find, Stephen, because the general sense of "jazz" as
"stuff" is not well documented until the '50s.

(HDAS has a bracketed ex. from 1921, in supposed BE, but it's
semantically ambiguous: the "stuff" referred  to is harmonica music.)

JL