Another one: _lingvosensorika_

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 20 03:06:46 UTC 2012

>> RE:  Victor Steinbok       _lingvosensorika_
Wp s.v. [quote] Lingvo: Lingvo is the most widely used dictionary software
in Russia with estimated number of users exceeding 5 000 000 people. Lingvo
means language in Esperanto [end quote].  Cf. Polish sensoryka = English
sensorics (Google hits galore). The one lx syllabus I ran across listed
sensorics - liking/disliking. Otherwise sensorics hits relate more to the
little red light giving me a pre- & post-flush. What it is is techies
coined sensorics (combining Latinish sens-or + Greco-Latin -ic- + Greek
(pan-European) -a = English -s); but, the real quetchion is, did the
greatest Russian inventor (Reg.US.Pat.Off) come up with the term sensorics,
or did US the People doed it?     Lingvosensorika to my ears sounds
Esperantish, i.e. *lingvo-sensoriko; cf. matematiko, lingvistiko, politiko
(not = Eng. politico), logiko, dialektiko, fiziko; lingvokodo (language
code), lingvoplanado (language planning). Russian also has the Greek -o-
link vowel in iazyk-o-znanie (lx).