Heard on trash TV: Britspeak

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 8 21:30:38 UTC 2012

Spoken by a woman *from Burfield(?) / Warfield(?) / ?field says,

"I would have given my right _leg_ to know the answer."

Like the time that a Brit friend said to me,

"Why, that should be right up your _street_!"

Do Brits do this just to mess with our minds? ;-)

*(Later, the woman describes her family as being made up of "tough
cockneys," if that's any help.)

Also heard:

"He's _chinky_(?)"

in context, equivalent to.

"He's _lively_"

et sim., apparently. Said of a child bouncing on a mini-trampoline.

--
-Wilson
-----