Heard on trash TV: Britspeak

Sun Jan 8 22:25:58 UTC 2012

The first two seem fine to me from my Edinburgh days; I don't know "chinky" in this context, though it could be regional and just not Scots or Northumbrian.  London slang tends to spread, but there are plenty of other areas with slang of their own that stay put unless the media get hold of it (cf. the Beatles' "gear", which was Scouse, unlike "fab", which was general British, and "bird", which was originally West Midland [and medievally old] and had become general British already).

Paul Johnston