Delonte West kicked/left* off the bus

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 9 21:00:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> "It's going to be _ashamed the_ President ,,,"

I haven't heard West speak, but, unless West is *the* exemplar of
clarity in "standard" American-English enunciation, which he couples
with an astonishing lack of control of the syntax of that language,
there's no way that he pronounced [d] immediately followed by [D].

My interpretation, based only upon my own _Sprachgefuehl_, is that West said,

"It's going to be a shame _that_ the President …"

and whatever totally-unfamiliar-with-the-sound-pattern-of-the-English-of-the-colored-polloi
reporter was listening simply pulled that bullshit "quote" essentially
out of his ass.

But, of course,

Youneverknow.

--