Shit * say to * (snowclone)

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 12 08:43:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>wrote:

> The snowclone would presumably be "Shit X say(s)", as in the earlier "I
> love me some X" or "mother of all Xs".

These are specifically plural (representing a group of people), and have
the "to Y" part (representing another kind of people).  There is of course
another snowclone "shit X say", and the X is again generally plural, but it
seems to me that the longer a snowclone is, the more significant it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowclone

--
Randy Alexander
Xiamen, China