Nollywood (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Jul 5 14:35:46 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Add

Zollywood  (Zimbabwean movies) http://www.zollywoodzim.co.uk/

Hillywood ("The Hillywood show(r) is the brainchild of internet
celebrities, comedy sister duo Hilly and Hannah Hindi. Each parody
features satire sketches, character impersonations, song and dance
parodies and spoofs of big box office films such as "TWILIGHT" and "THE
DARK KNIGHT".) http://www.thehillywoodshow.com/

Siliwood ("Not surprisingly, moviemakers are keeping a close eye on
interactive technology, causing insiders to buzz about "Siliwood" -
Hollywood meets Silicon Valley.") _CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR_  March 14,
1994 p. 15 [also seen as "Sillywood", which may have a bit of a
pejorative connotation]

Wollywood (Wollongong, Australia) ("There's no doubt a lot of red carpet
needs weaving before Wollywood sees its name in lights, but the camera
is rolling: "Basically the industry works on word of mouth - the most
important thing we can do is really focus on people having really
positive experiences and then taking that feedback back to the
industry," Prof Bell says. ")
_Illawarra Mercury_ (Wollongong, Australia) - July 13, 2002 p 4

And this article, in its entirety:
******************
Bollywood Britain - The Indian film industry discovers Yollywood,
Mollywood and Sollywood
Times, The (London, England) - Tuesday, May 29, 2007 p. 16
Those involved in the British film industry have long protested about
how few Hollywood movies are made on these shores and have sought large
public subsidies to keep the catering industry in clover. They have been
rather less keen to mention that Britain is booming as a location of
choice for the Indian Hindu-language film industry, traditionally based
in Bombay. About 200 such films were filmed entirely or in part in
Britain last year -a fourfold increase in the tally from five years ago.
And next week Yorkshire will host the International Indian Film Academy
Awards, an event that does not last a mere few hours like the Oscars
ceremony but carries on for four whole days. Yollywood, here we come.

To celebrate all this, VisitBritain, which has already established a
film tourism bureau in India, will be distributing 50,000 copies of a
map that features some of the most prominent Bollywood cinematic
landmarks in this country. These include places such as the ground of
Molesey FC (Mollywood), which featured in Bend It Like Beckham, and the
Queensmere shopping centre in Slough (Sollywood), which was the backdrop
to the 2001 epic Yaadein. Other hotspots are the fine Bicester Village
centre in Oxfordshire (Ollywood), a vital part of the 2001 hit Kabhi
Khushi Kabhie Gham, and also Dolbadarn Castle in Wales ( Wollywood )
seen in the unforgettable Kyun...! Ho Gaya Na released to acclaim three
years ago.

If this drive to woo tourists takes off, then unlikely corners of the
land may find film fans descending on them, clutching maps, taking
photographs and seeking souvenirs. The commercial possibilities are
huge. Hurrah for Bollywood, Yollywood, Sollywood, Ollywood and Wollywood
!

Behalf Of

------