_"Pussi" naiznanku_ ["_Pussy_ Inside Out"]

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 5 21:43:07 UTC 2012

A brief follow-up. USA Network usually is fairly liberal with language
in its shows. Obviously, there are limits, but, as I mentioned earlier,
words such as "shit", "bullshit" and "bitch" (often in "son of a bitch")
usually are in the dialogue. I've also mentioned that some (well, at
least one) shows are now in syndication and was wondering if the full
vocabulary would survive in re-broadcasts.

Well, I have a partial answer. Burn Notice is in "marathon" re-runs
tomorrow, during the day. But today, another prime-time show, Suits, is
going through its entire first season (and is now in the first few
episodes of second season). This is still on USA, so they could have
just re-run the original "tapes". They did not. In a couple of recent
episodes (the pre- and post-cliffhanger ones), there were a few clear
uses of "shit" and "bullshit" that have now been completely elided. Not
dubbed, not overwritten, not silenced--cut out. It may have something to
do with the fact that they are being re-run during the daytime, although
FCC has no more control over daytime cable programming than over their
prime-time or late night programming.

I don't have the time to watch Burn Notice tomorrow, but if anyone cares
enough about this issue, it might not be a complete waste of time to
watch the show.

     VS-)