Welsh is not as distant as Basque, Maltese, or Apache

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Mar 20 01:00:58 UTC 2012

At 3/19/2012 08:33 PM, Ronald Butters wrote:
>In Europe, Basque probably wins that prize, but Maltese would be a
>close second.

Hawaiian is probably further away than even Apache.  About as far as
one can get from GMT.

As for Welsh, a native Welsh speaker told me some decades ago that
when he worked in Italy for a while he discovered that what was
important in Italian was the vowels, whereas what was important in
Welsh was the consonants.  So much for w.

Joel