Computer Mice or Mouses?

Wed Mar 21 23:30:57 UTC 2012

Isn't that just a British tendency? I think American's prefer "more" for two-syllable words (except for those ending in -y) and Brits prefer -er.

I think Americans also tend to use "more" for adjectives not commonly found in the comparative/superlative, so that the -er/-est forms are becoming morphologized where they remain grammatical in the UK.

Just casual observations.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA