Quote: I know only two tunes; one is Yankee Doodle, and the other isn't. (U. S. Grant variant Lincoln)

Wed May 16 18:45:37 UTC 2012

Cite: 1839 May 4, Musical Review, Page 11. (Google Books full view)
http://books.google.com/books?id=iQYtAAAAYAAJ&q=%22two+tunes%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
We ought to apologize for swearing, but really we suffer considerably
from music, and only know two tunes, one of which it " Old Hundred,"
and the other isn't.
Picayune
[Old excerpt]