king-pin Part III

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 21 17:26:20 UTC 2012

Thanks. The clarifies the biography of this king-pin. For a failed
businessman, he wrote a lot about those who didn't (I'll let you parse
this sentence for a second). So we have a Gold Rush escapee-cum
diplomat, writing about broken carriages and a failed businessman and
drunk (he failed at that too, apparently) writing about people named
after carriage bolts, both publishing in NYC. Oh, and there are two
novels that oddly overlap (the middle of one is similar or nearly
identical to the beginning of the other--I didn't both checking the text
for full coincidence)--both with one-word titles.

Thanks for the tip, George!

      VS-)