Dialect clash

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 1 17:23:36 UTC 2012

WG: <<< Dialect clash. You're Whole > Your Hole, "taking integration *too*
damned far!">>>

WB: Affirmative reaction? Reminds me of my youthful encounter with Black
troops in the Army. I kept hearing them talk about [hoe] and [hose], which
I equated with white GI's obsession with [pussy], hence I analyzed AAVE
[hoe] as SAE <hole>, a.k.a. <vulva>. I was actually somewhat relieved to
learn [hoe] was a dialectal variant of SAE <whore>, a.k.a. <hua> in Jay
Leno's 'hood.

JL: <<<Not dialect clash because both words are pronounced the same. Just
regular evil explains it.>>>

WB: Tingbudong. Irregular evil shi shenme? Lighten up, JL.