"Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Nov 5 17:56:06 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM,  <sclements at neo.rr.com> wrote:
> >> When the screen door closes, therefore, you would be in danger of =
> being hit in the butt only if you were > walking into the building,
not
> = leaving.
> >=20
> > Whoa! Nobody ever explained it to me that way, before. Well, you got
> >me there. That a folk-saying doesn't correspond to observed reality
is
> >passing strange, I admit. :-)
>

> We don't often have screen doors here, but my recollection from the =
> movies is that when the screen door is on the inside of the regular =
> door, it would work.

Yeah, but I've never seen a screen door on the inside of a regular door.
They are always on the outside.

We had storm doors with screen panels in them when I was growing up.  It
wouldn't make any sense to put a storm door on the inside.