Cool V-S Inversion--Lashed out NP:

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Thu Nov 15 18:52:32 UTC 2012

Found on the Reason Hit and Run website, a nice verb-subject inversion as quotation framer, in a discussion of reactions to Romney's comments on his loss:

And Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal – and possibly a 2016 presidential contender -- wasted no time capitalizing on that. Lashed out Jindal (as reported by York):

'That is absolutely wrong…Two points on that. One, we have got to stop dividing American voters. We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent...'

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program