another mystery quote

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 21 14:26:48 UTC 2012

I've tracked down the original (in fifteenth-century French), and let's say
that the original is somewhat less vivid  than the English translations.

But for you scholars of Middle French: This sentence gives me pause:

"On pense en soy-meismes : Laisseray-je ad ce tirant oster par sa cruauté
le bien d'autruy, où il n'a riens."

"You think to yourself..."   What exactly?  I know what I'd like it to
mean, but I'm not fluent enough to be sure that it does.

JL