UD: [...] 2)_snapping pussy_

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 27 14:20:33 UTC 2012

"Bring smoke" was slated for HDAS III.

It is frequent in writings about the Vietnam War in reference to artillery
fire.

Wilson's 1961 recollection is the earliest allusion I've encountered,
however. And I've never encountered it reference to mere bullets.

To "smoke," moreover, covers both.

JL