OED Appeal: disco

Fri Oct 5 20:39:11 UTC 2012

Here is a citation in June if the March cite is unacceptable for some reason.

Cite: 1964 June 21, Washington Post, Little Black Dress Gets New
Swing: Discotheque Is Fashion's Inspiration by Ruth Wagner, Page F1,
Washington, D.C. (ProQuest)

[Begin excerpt]
The our sketches were made at Washington's own disco, Whisky a Gogo,
at M st. and Wisconsin ave. in Georgetown.
[End excerpt]

This comment has also been posted directly in the feedback section at
the OED Appeals webpage. The comment is in moderation.