OED Appeal: in your dreams (sarcastic)

Sat Oct 6 00:03:21 UTC 2012

Here is an instance of the sarcastic phrase "in your dreams" in the
speech of a stadium vendor in 1982. (OED target: earlier than 1986.)

Cite: 1982 July 13, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Stadium vendors combine
hustle with personality by Brian E. Albrecht, [Continued from Page
1-E], Page 3-E, Column 2, Cleveland, Ohio. (GenealogyBank)

[Begin excerpt]
"Well, I got my 65 bucks," he announced, mopping his dripping face with a towel.
"Yeah, in your dreams Tino."
[End excerpt]

A comment at the OED Appeals website mentioned an interesting lead: a
1981 Anime containing a translated quotation with the phrase at IMDB.
It is not immediately clear when the translation with the English
phrase was created:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1759172/quotes

This cite was also posted in the OED appeals webpage.
http://public.oed.com/appeals/

Garson