book -- Britishism?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Oct 9 14:46:09 UTC 2012

I was, of course, only being snarky.  I have:

make or schedule an appointment (with the doctor) -- but not book or reserve
reserve a table (at the restaurant) -- but not make, schedule, or book
schedule or book a business meeting -- but not make or reserve
      and even
book or reserve a tennis court -- but not make or schedule

Isn't English wonderful?  Especially for ESL students.

Joel