OT: Peter Griffin, the family guy asks, WRT Asians:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 29 06:49:05 UTC 2012

"Are [Japanese] the angry-eye kind or the droopy-eye kind?"

During The War, it was said that the Japanese could be distinguished
from the Chinese by the fact that the former had eyes that slanted
upward, whereas the latter had eyes that slanted to the side. I was
taught this and shown how it looked at such a young age - three years
old? - that I simply internalized it. I believed this till I was
around thirty, without questioning it for an instant. I didn't notice
any evidence to the contrary because I wasn't looking for any and I
wasn't looking for any because I didn't need to. I'd known the "facts"
of the matter practically from birth.

Youneverknow.

Anyway, it's bizarre that, apparently, some version of what I was told
ca. 1940 is still around in the 21st century.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----