Morning Glory Road renamed due to sexual connotation

paul johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Wed Apr 10 02:27:03 UTC 2013

Just north of Milwaukee there used to be an exit for "_Fairy Chasm
Road_" that was locally referred to as _Queer Gulch_
On 4/9/2013 8:56 PM, Benjamin Torbert wrote:
> I hear (or read) "sexual climax" in print now and then, but rarely if ever
> hear anyone say it, as in "she climaxed."
>
> There's a Climax, NC, which we thought was hilarious when I was a kid in
> North Carolina.
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Geoffrey Steven Nathan <
> geoffnathan at wayne.edu> wrote:

>> -----------------------
>> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>> Poster:       Geoffrey Steven Nathan <geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU>
>> Subject:      Re: Morning Glory Road renamed due to sexual connotation

>> We have close friends, one of whose parents are buried in Climax,
>> Michigan. The name still generates snickers among many folks. FWIW
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> Geoffrey S. Nathan
>> Faculty Liaison, C&IT
>> and Professor, Linguistics Program
>> http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
>> +1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
>>
>> Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it
>> to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.

There are two things that are important in politics. The first is money
and I can't remember what the second one is." B Mark Hanna