"real time"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 10 15:14:35 UTC 2013

2013 Brad Butkovich _The Battle of Pickett's Mill_ (Charleston. S.C.:
History Press) 180: Since the Fourth Corps journal was recorded on the
field of battle in real time, its timeline has been given preference.

 Butkovich describes events of 1864, when high-speed computers were rare.
He means "as events occurred."

JL