"real time"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 14 00:46:18 UTC 2013

Meaning "contemporaneous; synchronic":

http://ling.upenn.edu/phono_atlas/Atlas_chapters/Ch17_2nd.rev.pdf :

"The dialect of New York City... can be traced in a series of real-time
records dating from 1896
to the present (Babbitt 1896; Hubbell 1940; Frank 1948; Kurath and McDavid
1961; Hubbell 1962; Fowler 1986)."

JL