How to say "either" and "neither"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 22 18:52:30 UTC 2013

:-) I once asked a fellow with a Scotch accent which isle had his display.  He said "Isle A"  I repeated "Isle A"  He said "Make that E."  So he realized that I heard "A" when he was trying to say E.  So for "either" I'm sure that when he said "A"-ther he meant "E"-ther rather than "I"-ther.

On another post point - I don't think the term "phonetically" is the adverb form of "phonics".  Perhaps "phonically" would do.  But you may be right that common core might not know the difference.  This area is so mixed up.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk