"gunfight" and "exchange of gunfire"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Apr 25 02:04:33 UTC 2013

I also hear that at the first "shootout" only one gun, a
semi-automatic Luger, was found.  How many of the 200-odd gunshots
came from it?  (May also explain why they -- "allegedly" -- killed
the MIT police officer: they were trying to get a second gun.  One
report said that his holster looked disturbed.)

But I'll wait for the ballistic reports before settling on my final
evaluation.  And there apparently is no question that the Tsarnaev
brothers had and were throwing explosive devices -- amateur video and
eyewitness reports from persons in nearby houses agree.