"Joker"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 25 21:14:23 UTC 2013

[posted last night but did not go through]

This roughly parallels my observations as well. As I mentioned earlier,
the father repeatedly referred to his own family as "family of lawyers",
so it would not be surprising if the uncle indeed received "dynamite
education".

I also made a comment earlier about the "Tsarnaev" vs. "Tsarni"
distinction, which seems to be the point of de-Russification of the
name. Just recall that most Chechen families suffered at least some
period in exile and Tsarnaevs in particular spent considerable time in
Kyrgyzstan, with a number of family members still there, their ancestors
having been exiled there by Stalin. The father was initially in
Chechnya, but ended up in Kyrgyzstan, then Turkish Kurdistan, before
arriving as a refugee to the US. Now he "returned" to Dagestan
(Makhachkala) after having been treated for a brain tumor in Germany. I
have no idea which path the uncle (paternal) and the aunt (maternal--in
Canada) followed. But the uncle (with the name Ruslan that crosses
Russo-Islamic boundaries, which probably goes back to Mongols) is indeed
a 1998 Duke Law School graduate and a well-connected 42-years-old
international oil industry lawyer and lobbyist (and executive, although
it's not clear how many of his directorships are with shell companies)
who lives in a half-million-dollar house http://goo.gl/QlenN not far
from DC. So, yes, it's a family of lawyers. (Ruslan also worked, at one
point, for USAID, which has already spawned conspiracy theorists who
think he's a CIA agent.)

     VS-)