Cookery revival

Sun Apr 28 22:57:38 UTC 2013

The OED lists cooking utensils as being an obsolete meaning of "cookery." (I think that's what the dagger means; although I once found it in the past, I always have trouble finding the explanation of symbols.) Wiktionary and the Mac dictionary do not have this meaning at all.

I'm pretty sure this meaning is in common use, thought when I did a few searches, I came up with just two relevant hits:

http://creativecookery.org/

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-09-16/lifestyle/35275227_1_gift-shop-harry-potter-books-boy-wizard ("The National Building Museum sells cookery for the crazy in the form of an OCD cutting board")

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA