Fb: "Measles was all but _stomped_ out."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 26 03:32:22 UTC 2013

In case that I'm once again so behind the curve of language-change that
it's no longer obvious, the point is that, though I have generally used
_stomp_ from birth, it has been the case for me, nevertheless, that
disease, crime, heresy, and other such abstractions are always *stamped*
out.

I have no problem with "*stomping* out," e.g. a fire, but my grammar
prohibits "*stomping* out" measles, rape, or catharism, just as it
prohibits "*stomping* out" license plates.

--
-Wilson
-----