"crazy cottage"?

Fri Dec 20 00:52:02 UTC 2013

Joel S. Berson wrote:
> No I don't mean the TV game show.  Is "crazy cottage" a phrase used
> (more than once or twice) to describe a lopsided building?  The OED
> has no quotes.  Is there some more common term?

The term "crooked house" is sometimes used for lopsided and oddly
proportioned buildings, I think.

The Crooked House is a public house in South Staffordshire England
sayeth Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crooked_House

Crooked House of Windsor in Windsor, United Kingdom
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20268781_20602002,00.html

Kids Crooked House website displays various playhouses
http://www.kidscrookedhouse.com/

Crooked buildings: Flickr gallery curated by RadamesM - 16 photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radamesm/galleries/72157626006219937/

The famous short story "And He Built a Crooked House" by Robert A.
Heinlein is about a four-dimensional tesseract.

Garson