"crazy cottage"?

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 20 00:52:02 UTC 2013

Joel S. Berson wrote:
> No I don't mean the TV game show.  Is "crazy cottage" a phrase used
> (more than once or twice) to describe a lopsided building?  The OED
> has no quotes.  Is there some more common term?

The term "crooked house" is sometimes used for lopsided and oddly
proportioned buildings, I think.

The Crooked House is a public house in South Staffordshire England
sayeth Wikipedia.

Crooked House of Windsor in Windsor, United Kingdom

Kids Crooked House website displays various playhouses

Crooked buildings: Flickr gallery curated by RadamesM - 16 photos

The famous short story "And He Built a Crooked House" by Robert A.
Heinlein is about a four-dimensional tesseract.


The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list